Le Pigeonnier Du Perron
European Union Ecolabel Certification
The Community Ecolabel is the only official european eco label which promotes environment-friendly services while at the same time ensuring performance equal to other similar services.
The Community Ecolabel or European Union Eco-label « Services d’hébergement touristique » is based on a multi-criteria approach. These criteria aim at reducing the main environmental impacts of the three stages of the service life cycle (Purchases, Provision of services, Waste). They aim at:
- reducing energy consumption
- reducing water consumption
- reducing the amount of waste produced
- encouraging the use of renewable resources and environment-friendly products
- Promoting environmental awareness
A few examples of compulsory requirements with which Le Pigeonnier du Perron has to comply
- « Electricity produced from renewable energy sources » : Green energy subscription. Sorégies, the electicity supplier, guarantees us that the annual electricity consumption in the region is produced from 100% green energy (Green certification by OBSERV’ER)
- Every air-conditioning system must ensure atleast Class B energy efficiency
- « Energy-saving light bulbs » Class A Energy Efficiency
- « Water flow from taps and showers (in the bathrooms) » must not exceed 12 litres/minute.
- « Waste bins in the toilets » to avoid throwing certain types of wastes in the toilets.
- «The staff and the customers are asked to inform the hotel manager of any leakage detection».
- « Customers must be informed that the hotel staff changes bedsheets and towels upon their requests (by placing towels on the ground), or, in any case, twice per week».
- « Customers must be informed, by an information sheet, to close the windows when the heating or cooling system is on. ».
For more information about the European Union Eco-label,
please visit the following website http://www.ecolabels.fr